Thursday, March 28, 2013

Help Wanted! Message from the Editor

     As I further think about how I want to build this blog, I've decided that along with large posts about big ticket news items surrounding the Tigers roster makeup and financial decisions and other opinion posts, I also would like to have series previews, daily links to news around Major League Baseball, and daily game recaps of the Tigers game.
   
     Obviously I can't do all of those things myself. Although I watch almost every Tiger Baseball game, I can't watch them all. I also have school and a real job that take up considerable time so being able to post all those things daily/regularly is difficult. I certainly have time to do the big posts and opinion posts that you've seen so far. My worry is that with the season kicking into full gear I won't be able to fulfill all the roles I'd like to be able to in order to have this blog reach it's full potential.


     My decision is that I would love to be able to bring another writer on board, maybe even two. Obviously, at this stage there would be no compensation other than something to put on a resume, or to fulfill your baseball appetite beyond normal fandom of the game. My requirements are that you have a strong baseball knowledge, the ability to be flexible with your role as we figure out what that is, quality writing ability, and most importantly the ability to be reasonably objective in your writing unless its an opinion piece.  I value stats and numbers highly so be willing to do some research as well. People reading this may consider this a job posting if you will

     If interested, you can message me on Facebook (Travis Bradstreet) or Twitter (@tbradstreet10). Also you can email me at travis.bradstreet@gmail.com. I will probably ask you to include a sample of your writing in the style you would contribute to the site.  Please don't hesitate to ask questions in the comments if you have any.

-Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment