Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Welcome!

Hello readers and fellow baseball (hopefully Tigers) lovers! My name is Travis Bradstreet and I am a 23 year old Senior at Grand Valley State University. I am graduating in about a month here (April 2013) with degrees in Marketing and Accounting.  Why, you ask, then am I starting a blog about the Tigers as my college career comes to a close and the 2013 season is on the near horizon? The simple answer is that I love the Tigers, and I am fascinated by the financial and operations side of the game as well.  The long answer involves the short answer, plus my goals of going on in my education to get a Masters in Sports Management and one day work my way into the front office of a major league club. So, I beg that as we journey together through this season that you bear with me as this will be a learning experience for me both with writing a blog as well as about the finer details of running a baseball team. I will have strong opinions and not hesitate to voice them.  At times the fan in me will come through during the inevitable rough patches the season come and go. Through it all, however, I hope that you learn a little more about baseball and hopefully gain an understanding on why some of the player personnel decisions are being made for your Detroit Tigers as well as general day to day news accompanying the team. I'm excited to get this off the ground and would love feedback, both positive and negative every step of the way! I also encourage you to check out my personal favorite Tigers blog "Bless You Boys" at blessyouboys.com. They have an incredible group of writers over there and will give great insight throughout the season!

-Go Tigers!

-Travis

P.S. Also, as I have been doing a radio show from time to time, so those audio files may pop up on here as well.  Feel free to listen and comment on those as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment